Tuesday, January 23, 2018

This Is My Happy Place | Vancouver, WA Newborn and Family Photographer

Seriously guys, this is my happy place! 
I love my studio so much, every time I walk through the door I just feel like I am home. I am overwhelmed with the feeling that I am where I am suppose to be when I am in the studio, with my amazing clients, creating beautiful pieces of art.


My journey to this point has been a fun one with lots of changes along the way but I wouldn't change anything about it. So let's go back to the beginning; I moved into my first studio nearly 4 years ago. I met a wonderful friend of mine, Tara Thackeray Photography, back in summer of 2013. We instantly bonded over our love of photography. The next Spring I needed to rent a studio for a day and Tara was the first person that came to mind. After renting her studio for the day, she came to me with the idea of sharing her studio with her. I, of course, jumped at the opportunity. It was the perfect stepping stone for me, it gave me a place to grow and learn from. 

A little look into the space I shared with Tara

After nearly 2 years in her studio, I was ready to move into something that I could call my own. I knew I didn't want to leave the Academy Building. It is in such an amazing location and the building itself is full of so much history and beauty, it was a no-brainer. After a little but of looking a small little suite on the second floor became available. It was definitely a little on the smaller size but it had everything else I was looking for and it was a great first step into a space that I had control over.

The second floor studio

After just less than a year in the suite I was ready to stretch out a little and have some more room. So my wonderful friend Missy Fant Photography decided to look at some other suites available in the building and BOY, did we luck out! We found this amazing suite on the first floor that was being converted from 1 large unit into 2 smaller units. The first time we looked at the suite it was still under heavy construction being renovated but immediately I could see all of the potential. In classic Brianna fashion, we jumped on it. We signed our lease that day. The next couple of weeks waiting for the suite to be ready for move in was torture but it was so worth it. Now after almost a year in 101-A, I am still as happy as I was that first day we got our keys and I rolled all over the floor in joy. We have settled in so well and the studio is everything I could have wanted or asked for.

Please enjoy this little look through the studio. If you want to see it for yourself, I would love to have you by! Contact me to set up your free photography consult today, I would enjoy nothing more than sharing a cup of coffee with you in my happy place! 






Have you ever had a place that you just loved? A home, an apartment or a work space that made you feel at peace every time you were there? Or have you ever had to make any big decisions you have had to make in your life or maybe a business? Let's have a conversation about it, leave me a comment and tell me about your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment